Mobile Equipment Operator ($22.00 per hour)
Rocky Mountain Recycling has been in continuous operation at the corner of 64th and Brighton Blvd. in Commerce City since 1936. We recycle all scrap metal including copper, aluminum, brass, stainless steel, zinc, aluminum cans, lead batteries, all types of iron, and steel. We process and ship directly to steel mills throughout the United States and overseas. For more information go to www.RMRscrap.com. We offer excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, 7 paid holidays, competitive PTO, 401k, low turnover, and a company that appreciates every employee's contribution!
We are currently looking for a reliable, hardworking Mobile Equipment Operator available to work 5 1/2 days a week Monday-Saturday. This position will require over time during our busy seasons and 44 hours/week during our slow seasons.
Responsible for the safe, efficient and quality-conscious processing of scrap metal. Assure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the supervisor as well as published policies and procedures. The operator is assigned specific duties in the yard under the close supervision of the lead operator or supervisor.
- Operate various wheeled and trucked equipment for the placement and removal of scrap material in the cutting and shear area and to/from waste bins and scrap storage areas.
- Assist in material transfer and storage.
- Upkeep of assigned equipment or tools.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork.
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Attend weekly safety meetings and or mandatory special safety meetings.
- Administer general preventative maintenance activities, repairs, and housekeeping tasks.
- Perform any other terminal functions as trained, requested, and instructed by supervision.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk/hear. The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces, and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work at heights up to 30 feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Minimum 1 year experience heavy equipment operator.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accept supervision/direction and work effectively and cooperatively with other people.
- Must process safety training.
- Ability to focus attention and follow work rules.
- Demonstrate aptitude to execute and maintain necessary paperwork.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Perform work in dusty environment and all types of temperature/weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to high precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
- Must be available for assignment at multiple locations within the yard.
- Must pass a post offer screen including a drug test, physical fit test, and a background check.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.